Saturday 12 December 2009

Sabato 12th Dicembre








Saturday dawned bright and early. So I'm told - I slept like a log after spending too long trying to work out how the mac works. Still got the wrong setting on the keyboard - despite having it set to British and Italian, neither seems to pick up correctly.

Whilst Dawn went to get her haircut I make a fry up and it went a bit wrong and I made everything burn like crazy - the way fry ups should be! Later I had to go and sign something in reception of the accommodation so strolled down the road. Yet again Mr Lizard was out to play - it was a really sunny and bright day and I was wearing t-shirt and flip flops, and lots of lizards were out basking in the sun on the walls of the road. Mmmmm Mr Lizard. Surely too late for lizards? And then later I saw a butterfly - must be too late for them, and the buds are out on some of the bushes in the garden, strange.


Three trips to UniCoop today - three! And all to get plugs. There appear to be several different types of plugs - some with two prongs and some with three, and some with fatter prongs and some with thinner, some wider apart than the others. High power items such as the toaster need a sort of sleeve on the plug to connect them up. The iMac runs on one of the bigger plugs, and it is still unintelligible to us as to which we should use when and how one plugs into the other. We needed to extend the cable and this resulted in three trips to Coop and the purchase of approximately 10 different plugs and adaptors. But it now works, and I am using it now yay! Also have managed to set the Wii up and link all the systems together.


As I write we have another stunning sunset out of the window. Later we have some friends coming round for aperitifs and then we go to some African cooking evening somewhere near here. Some Tanzanian chefs apparently. We're having nibbles first as in the past it has taken ages to get any food apparently!


Pictures are from Tuesday's trip to Volterra. I am proudly sporting my Roche AIDS jacket :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww AIDS.
    Very pretty views. Like!
    Is this plug thing a general Italian rule? I'm now fretting entirely prematurely for my trip in January. (Admittedly I'm not bringing a toaster OR an iMac.)

    ReplyDelete