Monday 7 December 2009

Lunedi 7th December 2009

Today was a Monday. At work. That's not right is it? Thankfully though it is "Immaculate Conception" day tomorrow - so a national holiday in Italy. I'm not yet ready for a full week in the office.


Early start, in the office at 8am and catching up on mandatory training. Ready for a quick 1-2-1 which should've been 30 minutes but lasted 2 hours. Then I had to boost home to await the arrival of my shipment. Yes 29 boxes of rubbish. So I had to wait outside in the road, in the car, as you cannot get to our house as we're in a gated compound, and I waited, and I waited, and I waited.


They never came. I rang the office. Again and again and again. But it seems that everyone has taken today off as a "bridging" day for their Immaculate Conception frolics - or non-frolics as the case may be. Whichever whatever it meant for me that it was a load of frolics today. I hung around for about 3 hours, then popped back to the office to check my emails, just in case, then I popped back again to the rendezvous for another 2 hours, but nothing. Aaaaargh. Planet Italia strikes again.


Back to the office for more training. Knocked off about 7:30 and then to stock up in the supermarket - went for "Splugen" beer - €0.69 for 66cl, decided not to go for "Birra" at €0.49 for 66cl - looked rather like Asda Yellow Label lager. Found something that looks like bacon - will give that a try in the morning. Went to a pizzeria for dinner, didn't make any good choices, except for the 9% dark belgian beer and then back home for Series 2 of Coupling. And a refreshing Splugen. Classic.

2 comments:

  1. Has the Splugen knocked you for six :-) Are you Mac'd up now and in receipt of all your boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now groover. In fact the spangly new iMac is being used as we speak. I ll write about it in a second - and why I can't write I ll
    !!

    ReplyDelete