Monday 12 November 2012

12th novembre 2012 Fixie project phase 3

12th novembre 2012 Fixie project phase 3





On Sunday it rained. It rained and it rained and it rained. People swam in St. Mark's square in Venice. L'ire di Dio!




This did not help the project but I plugged on. In a small garage on the land I put on all the primer. I thought one can would be more than enough, but it just about lasted to the end. Could have probably done with another coat, but I could not wait. And of course, shops in Italy that sell useful things do not open on a Sunday.

I started the real paint job. Drying is going slow with the rain and the damp, but it is starting to come together. A couple more coats of red and green and we shall be on for the white. Working in the slightly dark garage, with my new 300 lumens Moon power bike light is not ideal, but I'm very eager to get on with it.




Next step is some decals. I am thinking of having "zitto e pedala" on the top tube - "shut up and pedal" - I confess I saw it on another bike manufacturer - I forget which, and of course I need some sort of makers badge on the front - for me it might be a makers badger :)



 Meanwhile I continue with the other tasks. Here is the handlebars which are in cracking condition, after I've jiffed off the old handlbar tape. I will saw them down to make bull bars.

And on with the next coat of paint - as soon as the rain stops!

A dopo.




No comments:

Post a Comment