Sunday 8 January 2012

"Guazza" 8th gennaio 2012

"Guazza" 8th gennaio 2012

I was up early for cycling this morning, to give me time to do some work and visit a friend for some chilling today. Normally I don't ride at this time as it tends to be wet - there is a special word for it in Sienese "guazza" which means kind of damp. Anyway, this morning it was damp, a little icy, plus I am still not 100% happy with my wheels and tires combo on my bike - I have michelins on my carbon mavics - so it should be fine, but I just don't feel it yet!

http://app.strava.com/rides/3177655




So, it was wet. It normally is foggy every morning in Siena, something to do with the hills I guess, so normally I don't ride until around noon by which time it is normally much much better and drier. However, I went, it was a beautiful day, I saw amongst other stuff: squirrel, woodpecker, and some huge bird of prey. However, I was knackered and now feel super knackered due to my Ironman training - I will not discuss that here but you can keep up at ironbadgers.wordpress.com

Beautifully sunny and dry now - d'oh! In fact, when I was cycling, some old bifter shouted at me "รจ freddo, vai a casa!" - "it's cold - go home!" He was right, but it wasn't that cold, I was well wrapped up with full vizor buff, winter gloves, tri suit, winter bib leggings and 4 tops. Because of this I am petrified of ever cycling in the UK again as I have gone completely soft. In reality it was probably about 5C, a bit of ice here and there and I have just gone weak - the UK would destroy me!

Yesterday, we went to watch the footy - Siena vs Lazio in Serie A. And amazingly, after several crap games, and of course the long 3 weeks winter break, Siena went to town winning 4-0 and helping to keep them in the league for now. Great result.
Ciao for now.
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment