Thursday 18 August 2011

18th agosto 2011 my birthday remarkably well made

18th agosto 2011 my birthday changed



My birthday is 28th June, not famous for very much, maybe for a shooting that kicked off WWI, but otherwise it is quiet. However, this year I was made aware of 'Tau day' marked by opponents of maths constant pi!


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13906169


Pi is of course 3.14159.... the ratio of circumference to diameter, however, tau, which is 6.28.... twice the size of pi is better for mathematicians, essentially it is the ratio of circumference to radius.


I don't have an opinion on the correctness of this mathematically but I do like my birthday being enshrined by something mentally challenging, so June 28th becomes 6.28 - result!

No comments:

Post a Comment