Friday 4 December 2009

Day 3 at work. 4th December 2009


Wow - what a day. Torrential rain, got to the office at 8ish, then had to dash for a blood test and a medical in the infermerie at 8:30. Shouldn't have dashed! Planet Italia was on super go slow. Got stabbed by some random woman and then was forced to wait in a freezing cold corridor, with no idea of what was going on for what seemed like ages. Eventually when they called me through they went through a medical history which seemed to have more pages than my PhD thesis and went into the minutae of all the jobs that I've had and my famil's medical history and the most ridiculous stuff. And not so easy with a doctor, or someone I presumed was a doctor, who couldn't speak english so well. Took about 2 hours to got through it all, and then she took my blood pressure - which I passed with flying colours, and then grabbed me with VERY cold hands indeed. Anyway, took a long time, was excessively complicated, lots of signing inexplicable pieces of paper - classic Planet Italia.


When I got back to the office - the joy of the 17th Century office building - it had sprung a leak in one place only - right above my desk so yes it was raining on my desk. Still not got the hint yet. Still keep going in.


Nice lunch - risotto and chicken. Another Eurodollar well spent.


At 2pm the technician turned up to install my laptop. Not simple, naturally. Took 2.5 hours and even when I got it home just now - the wireless isn't working.


Another late night at work, got out just before 8 and then we went to one of Dawn's yoga friends for an Italian meal. Yum.

Lie in tomorrow. Yay.

Included a little picture of some of the mad stuff that you find in the Italian supermarkets - I think they're rabbits - but I can't be sure!!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this each day is making me hungry mate, although the zombie bunnies have stopped that thought in its track! Nothing that bad on the Bonnie & Chester walkout with Annie this morning thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she ever send you the photo of the fox head - a bit like the one from the beginning of True Blood? I feel sick just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete